Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica
I just recently came across this and thought id share it.. since most people are on a never ending quest to find the best music around i thought id share my discoveries.
I know off hand not everyone likes instrumentals but most of my friends can appreciate good music.
Anyone looking for an entry point into Daniel Lopatin’s work as Oneohtrix Point Never may want to start with the title track from his forthcoming album, Replica. The song ties together a number of sounds he’s dabbled in over the past few years— the glazed drones that seared through last year’s Returnal, his piano-based remake of that album’s title track with Antony, and his occasional capacity for whimsy. Here, a somber piano riff reminiscent of Aphex Twin’s "Avril 14th" provides the catalyst for prods of mashed keyboard tones and what sounds like the hum of a cantankerous old generator. Lopatin’s OPN material can sometimes sound like a delicate high-wire act, with all the pieces just balancing each other out. On “Replica”, he shows what happens when they fall, as the song eventually shudders to a halt under a slo-mo crush of atom bomb noise. That combination of beauty and destruction is something Lopatin occasionally tackles; but the dominant force in his music is the strange serenity he extracts from heavily processed machine noise, which he’s drawn to great effect here.
- trican likes this
- emilymellow reblogged this from nauseacaa
- nauseacaa reblogged this from andylefthand
- doyoukid reblogged this from andylefthand
- xruinskashowsx likes this
- klementunes reblogged this from jayspence and added:
- klementunes likes this
- jayspence reblogged this from andylefthand
- hyperdawn reblogged this from andylefthand and added:
- et-in-arcadia-ego reblogged this from andylefthand and added:
- babytherion reblogged this from andylefthand
- andylefthand posted this